Gladeville United Methodist Church was established in 1833 as the “Glade Meeting House”. The first building was made of logs and built in the shape of a cross. That building served the early church for many years, including the years of the Civil War.
In 1890, another building was erected. A white frame building with two doors in the front and one in the back. There were no Sunday School classrooms, just one large room serving as both the sanctuary and classroom. It was heated by two pot bellied stoves at the front of the church. Lighting was provided by kerosene lamps.
In 1946, the white frame building was replaced by a new brick structure, consisting of a sanctuary, a basement, and three Sunday School classrooms. The original building is where we worship today. There have been many additions and changes to this structure. The latest is our Fellowship Hall. Adjacent to the church building, it was completed in 2000. In 2003, a music room, two Sunday School class rooms, and a storage room were added to the Fellowship Hall.
In 2007, our church stepped out in faith and asked for God’s blessing as we started a new building campaign for the construction of a new Worship Center, gathering area and additional office and Sunday School space along with a remodeling project of the existing space.
On June 28, 2009, the new worship center was dedicated to the continued work our church in the Gladeville community.